6 Ideas for Socially Distanced Holiday Celebrations
Since the advent of COVID-19, we’ve all gotten used to the “new normal.” As we approach the holidays in 2021, things have shifted a little for those who have been fully vaccinated, but the general wisdom is that a socially distanced holiday celebration is still the way to go. How will you celebrate this year? We’ve got some suggestions for staying safe while still enjoying a meaningful holiday season.
- Decorate your space. Nothing puts people in a festive mood faster than some twinkling lights and tinsel. Even if you’re not entertaining this year, put on some holiday music, pull your favorite décor out of storage, and make your home a holiday delight.
- Send out Christmas cards. Christmas cards can brighten someone’s day during this time of year. To make it a really special gesture, include a photo or a handwritten note. Sending cards lets people know you’re thinking of them and that they’re special to you.
- Have a virtual holiday party. Most people have learned some new technology tricks over the course of the pandemic, and now is the time to put them to good use! Host a party on Zoom or Facetime, using your imagination to make it a fun way to connect. You could even play a game like Pictionary or bingo, or decorate cookies together from the safety of your own homes.
- Send holiday care packages. If you’re not going to see your loved ones this year, reach out with a gift that reminds them of holidays you’ve celebrated together in the past. Send a game you’ve played together or a gift that facilitates a favorite pastime. Include a special ornament, a gingerbread house kit, or some home-baked treats. Write a letter or enclose a card for a loving, personal touch.
- Enjoy an outdoor holiday event. Take a walk with a friend to see the lights in your neighborhood or attend a socially distanced outdoor celebration. You could also take a drive to enjoy the holiday decorations around your town. If you’re feeling especially festive, get some friends together for an outdoor movie or bonfire.
- Give your loved ones a call. There’s nothing quite like a good, old-fashioned phone call to allow people to catch up with faraway friends and loved ones. Call just to chat, or to tell a funny story, or simply to check in and see how their day is going.
When you’re ready to find an active adult living community, consider Larkspur at Shadow Creek. A family-owned and managed 55 plus community, we offer resort-style apartments in Pearland, Texas, with an emphasis on active living. We give our residents the chance to transition from the responsibilities and burdens of home ownership to a lifestyle of convenience and luxury, full of new friends, new activities, and new adventures. To learn more about life at Larkspur at Shadow Creek, call 832-376-8414, or contact us through our website.