Retirement living is all about making the most of every moment and finding the best in every season. Fall is the perfect time of year to relish every day, with its cool, crisp air, gorgeous colors, and relaxed mood. The heat of summer has died down, the holiday rush isn’t yet upon us, and there’s plenty of time to explore and enjoy all that the season has to offer. If you’re looking for ways to stay active and engaged, here are some suggestions to make this fall one to remember.
- Do some leaf-peeping! Many active adult communities organize trips for their residents to enjoy the fall foliage, but if a group trip is not your style, it’s still easy to get out and take in all the amazing colors of the season. Whether it’s a hike or a leisurely nature walk, going out to enjoy the leaves is a great way for seniors to be active this season.
- Stretch your legs and take a deep breath. The weather is perfect for a stroll in fall, and it gives seniors the opportunity to get some exercise before the winter arrives. Take a walk, breathing in the fresh fall air, and you’ll improve your heart health, lower your glucose levels, reduce pain, and improve your mood.
- Head to the pumpkin patch. Whether you’re going by yourself, with your family, or in a crowd, a pumpkin patch makes for a great day out. It doesn’t have to be pumpkins, either; apple orchards, corn mazes, and hayrides all provide the same kind of wholesome, nostalgic fun. You’ll usually find local vegetables and treats, and maybe even some handcrafted items. At the very least, you can find a gorgeous gourd to bring home and use to decorate for the season!
- Go play in the dirt. You might think of spring and summer as gardening season, but fall is a great time to plant perennial flower bulbs. Getting out in your garden is a fun way to be active in fall and picking just the right plants to grow can be particularly rewarding.
- Do something social! There’s no shortage of social activities in the fall, from harvest festivals to Halloween parties, to crafting circles where you can prepare for the holidays. Especially for residents of an adult active living community, it’s easy to find fun events where you can cut loose and connect.
When you’re ready to find an adult active living community, consider Larkspur at Shadow Creek. A family-owned and managed community for ages 55 and up, we offer resort-style senior living apartments in Pearland, Texas, with an emphasis on active living. We give our residents the chance to transition from the responsibilities and burdens of home ownership to a lifestyle of convenience and luxury, full of new friends, new activities, and new adventures. To learn more about life in the active living apartments at Larkspur at Shadow Creek, call 832-376-8414, or contact us through our website.