Our Wellness Philosophy
Our wellness philosophy can be summed up in two words: Live Well. Our mission at Larkspur is to do everything we can to help you accomplish that goal.
The magic of Larkspur at Shadow Creek isn’t simply in what we offer, however, it’s in the way we offer it. Just as every resident is a unique blend of multiple facets, we believe that our community should also be a flexible and dynamic mix of recreation, physical activity, intellectual exploration, and attention to the soul. Our programming is interdisciplinary and inter-connected—just like us. As our community changes and grows, so does our programming, reflecting what our residents want.
At Larkspur at Shadow Creek, we strive to provide a stimulating balance and mix of offerings for mind, body, and spirit in six key life areas to maximize your health and happiness:
Meet, mix, and mingle with like-minded friends at regular happy hours, wine tastings, game nights, socials, and activities. Or take the town by storm on outings to area restaurants, museums, artistic events, concerts, casinos, and shopping trips.
Get yourself in peak condition in Alta, our dedicated fitness studio. We offer a rich array of physical movement to suit almost everyone: yoga, tai chi, strength training, water aerobics, and state-of-the-art fitness equipment. Or get outside with a group walking or running club.
Nurture your soul in a variety of yoga and meditation offerings, spiritual fellowship groups, and study/discussion circles. Attend worship services at the denomination of your choice. Give back to the with a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Stay sharp and explore the world of culture, politics, science, and the arts with course offerings at local institutions, lectures from university professors, health-care experts, and/or authors, as well as seminars, discussions, and debates.
Enjoy living in a community built with the environment in mind. From responsible and artfully designed landscaping to energy-efficient appliances and construction materials, Larkspur at Shadow Creek is mindful of its impact on the climate and its use of environmental resources.
Emotional & Artistic
Self-expression is key to personal happiness. At Larkspur, there are numerous outlets for your personal creativity. Make a joyful mess in the art studio, using any medium you can imagine. Partake in a singing group or a local theater group.
How We Design Wellness Programs for Active adults
As a caring retirement community, we know wellness programs for active adults in Pearland, TX can improve their daily lives and help them stay fit, healthy, and happy. Larkspur at Shadow Creek has conducted wellness programs for active older adults covering a wide array of wellness needs, including the following:
- Fitness Programs – Our commitment to resident health includes keeping them in peak physical condition with fitness programs. Active adults can find a program that fits their needs while providing an enjoyable experience.
- Healthy Meal Plans – Some active adults need a diet addressing sodium concerns, weight management, or sugar intake. We have nutritious and delicious meal plans to keep older adults healthy and well-fed.
- Planned Social Activities – Active adults can meet and mingle in various social environments with fun and engaging activities. They can make new friends and enhance bonds with existing ones while shopping, touring a museum, or attending concerts.
- Lifelong Learning Courses – As you age, you can still expand your understanding of a broad range of topics. We invite active adults to take courses at universities and local institutions with seminars, discussions, and debates.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Active adults can find enrichment and connect with the local community through volunteer opportunities. Our residents can find a cause they believe in and contribute to society’s betterment.
- Wellness Education Workshops – Many residents want to improve their lives but don’t know how to start. Older adults learn proven ways to stay healthy, active, and fulfilled with our wellness education workshops.
- Worship Services – Religion is an essential part of many active adults’ lives, and we encourage our residents to embrace their faith. Our worship services for various religious viewpoints provide active adults a place to get in touch with their beliefs.
Why Are Health & Wellness Programs Important?
Larkspur at Shadow Creek encourages our residents to improve their lives through health and wellness programs for active adults in our community for many reasons. Residents can improve their lives by making better health and lifestyle choices. Healthy ageing depends on smart choices to maintain an older adult’s social life, fitness, and sense of fulfillment. Senior wellness programs are proven to help active adults with issues like depression, safety concerns, lack of independence, reduced mobility, and age-specific health. Improving these factors as you age can lead to a better overall quality of life, making your retirement years happier and keeping your health and wellness at their best.
Benefits of Wellness Programs in Senior Communities
Many active adults choose retirement communities with wellness programs because they can engage in various physical, social, and learning opportunities. Larkspur at Shadow Creek wants our residents to enjoy their daily lives and find enrichment through a wide array of programs. Many active adults wonder what the benefits of a wellness program are in a retirement community. Besides filling their schedules with fun while connecting with other older adults, active adults can reap all the following benefits to make their later years better:
- Prevents Social Isolation
- Encourages Independence
- Boosts Cognitive Function
- Promotes Emotional Health
- Improves Quality of Life
Contact Larkspur at Shadow Creek to Learn More
Larkspur at Shadow Creek is proud of all our wellness programs for active adults and how they can improve a resident’s life. If you’re curious about a specific wellness opportunity we offer, contact us today to get information and learn how you can get involved.